Why Minecraft Is One of The Greatest Games Ever Made



There are so many different types of games out there, with each one offering a different experience for the players. From straight-forward action games to complex role-playing narratives, there is something available for everyone.


Having played many games throughout my life, I had the opportunity to go on some amazing journeys. Even so, out of all the games out there, there are a few that I believe stand out above the rest. To me, Minecraft is undoubtedly one of those games.

Concept art of Minecraft (Mariana Salimena)

I would be the first to admit that I have a soft spot for Minecraft due to my nostalgia for it. Having first played it when I was around 10, I often look back fondly on those childhood memories.


But even if I were to take off my nostalgia glasses, I still believe the game continues to be an amazing experience for any player, and it continues to improve year after year.

What exactly is Minecraft?

Minecraft is such a behemoth of a title that I would be surprised if someone who was into gaming hasn’t heard of it. But for those who might not have heard of the title before, let me explain.


The game was fully released on November 11, 2011, by Mojang. It wasn’t until September 2014 that Mojang was bought by Microsoft, with the intention of releasing it to a larger selection of platforms.


The game is a sandbox adventure, which means that the player has unlimited freedom to interact with the world. They can create or destroy, their decision in the world is entirely up to them.

What makes it so great?

The variety that Minecraft offers is what makes it stand as one of the greatest. It practically has something for everyone.


You can form your own individual experience, like choosing to spend your time building cool structures or exploring the vast, unknown world of Minecraft.


The game encourages creativity by making the structure of the game consist of “building blocks.” This allows players to take those blocks and build anything out of them. For example, you can build your own personalized base that sets you apart from others or art pieces that are gorgeous.

A sculpture. (Ushio Tokura)

A watchtower. (Dio Rods)

There is also so much to explore, from dangerous caves with lots of valuable minerals to unworldly dimensions with unforeseen dangers. You can be risky and fight against the dangers of the night or explore underwater shipwrecks for loot.

The Nether, one of Minecraft's dimensions. (Minecraft)

A variety of game modes are available, with options like adventure, survival and creative. Or if you are feeling for a challenge, you can even try hardcore mode! These options give players a choice of how they want to play the game. Not to mention, playing with friends is always an option.

Concluding thoughts:

This game has made a significant impact on my life and gave me memories that I will never forget (special shoutout to the soundtrack since it never fails to make me nostalgic).


Minecraft is one of the best-selling games for a reason, and I hope this post has shown you why Minecraft is still an iconic title. I look forward to what the future holds for the game!



Comments

Popular Posts